The We women foundation is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator with drive and flair, to proactively manage our programs. If you are passionate about education for women, willing to travel between Thailand and Burma, and can start in mid-January, then this might be the job for you.
The We women foundation in Chiang Mai, Thailand, promotes the education and well-being of women from Burma. The foundation targets women whose passions, goals and motivation implicate them as future leaders of Burma, and offers them the opportunity to succeed in higher education and to develop their leadership skills. The Foundation provides a range of programs including pre-university preparation, in-university support, internships, coaching, mentoring, scholarships and gender dialogues.
The Project Coordinator has primary responsibility for the management of all Program Activities. This includes ensuring all deadlines are met, providing accurate and timely student support, ensuring student needs are met and that programs run efficiently and effectively. The Project Coordinator will regularly review the success of existing programs, will develop new ideas for projects, undertake appropriate research and put together finished project proposals for consideration by We women foundation.
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Preferably you will also speak Burmese, Shan and-or Thai
- Relevant Bachelors degree
- at least 3 years relevant experience in managing programs in an NGO setting
- a sound understanding of the situation in Burma
- responsible, structured, analytical and a solution seeker and finder.
- previous work experience in an educational context
- demonstrated willingness to show initiative, undertake research and develop new ideas
- excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- sound organizational and time-management skills
- excellent people skills, openminded and have the ability to adapt to people with different cultural backgrounds
- the ability to develop and maintain relevant databases
- the ability to work well under pressure and as a member of a team
- excellent computer skills including familiarity with social media.
Period and location
- Starting from 13th January 2014, with a probation period of three months, the length of the contract is negotiable.
- Your locations will be in both Chiang Mai, Thailand and Burma.
Working hours and salary
- Monday to Friday, 9:00-18:00. You will earn a local salary.
Please send your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to: email@example.com no later than Monday 30th December 2013.
The We women foundation is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Fundraising Coordinator to play an essential role in ensuring the future of the Foundation.
The We women foundation in Chiang Mai, Thailand, promotes the education and well-being of unrecognized refugee women from Burma, targeting women whose passions, goals and motivation implicate them as future leaders of Burma. We women provides the opportunity to succeed in higher education and to develop their leadership skills. The long-term aim of the We women from Burma project is to assist unrecognized refugee women in obtaining positions of authority within policy making and/or influential organizations, so that they can empower women and their communities, in their own terms.
The Fundraising Coordinator will project manage events, appeals, bequests, grants and other revenue generating activities and identify, develop, implement and manage new fundraising opportunities and strategies. The Fundraising Coordinator will develop access to new donors, maximise the income from existing donors and develop cutting edge social media practices. They will also implement donor reactivation and commitment upgrade activities.
- To be successful you will need to have:
- demonstrated success in a fundraising capacity in a not for profit organization
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a demonstrated ability to write creative, persuasive copy
- the ability to research opportunities using all available resources
- a minimum of 2 years work experience in a CBO or NGO
- outstanding people skills to develop good relations with volunteers, donors and stakeholders
We women is particularly interested in people who are already residing in Chiang Mai. For further information please email Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org and send her your cover letter and CV.